Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Adult

When I was small, I always wish that I could grow up faster. I used to think that being an adult has so many advantages. Adults are tall, they can reach the candy bottle on top of the cupboard easily without using a chair. Adults have so much freedom, they can do whatever they like to without having to get permission from mummy and daddy. Adults can drive, they can go anywhere they want to.

"See.. Being an adult is so advantageous, I also wanna grow up faster la..."

But, when I have gradually grown up to what I am today, I regretted what I wished, I regretted having so silly thoughts. Adults are tall, when they have to reach not only candy bottle but also higher position, higher-paid job, higher apartment and higher success, that's when they would eventually fall from the pressures around them. Adults can do so many things, their parents cannot longer stop them from doing anything, but their own moral values and ego stop them more from things they wanted to do. Adults can go wherever they want to, but they have to carry so many responsibilities which restrain them from wherever they go.

"So, does an adult have more freedom than a child?"

We are all learning from life, from the scenes we see, from the voice we hear, from every wound we get and every scar we gain . That's how we gain our strength and wisdom, by giving away happiness and innocence.

I never wish to turning back time and go back to my childhood, I never wish for a smoother life without any obstacles, I just hope that whenever I fall, I would have the strength to stand up again and no matter what happens, I will never lose my happiness.

No comments: